Sunday 8 January 2012

Online Booking now available for 2012

My internet jobs list is very much coming under control now folks!

I'm pleased to let you know that our online booking system is up and running for 2012, so you can peruse our availability at your leisure 24 hours a day.
Come Monday I should have worked out how to make the background green instead of the old blue, so it should be much more aesthetically pleasing too.

Prices for 2012 are currently frozen until the end of January so the early bird is sure of catching a juicy worm!

With some good work done I thought I'd have a cup of tea and a little think about 2012.
As I'm sure you all know I'm a rather avid bookworm, so my plans for the year always include what books I'd like to read and any nice editions I'd like to acquire.


At Christmas my Dad gave me a copy of Odhams Pictorial guide to Fish and Fishing, from the 50's. This was Dad's first and favourite fishing book, and one which he read and referred to so often in his childhood that he had the book virtually completely memorised as he shared it with me. But enough of Odham's for now - I might share a post on it with you later.

My 2012 reading list:

A Pool of Dreams by Tom O'Reilly
Out of the Blue by Chris Yates
Waterlog magazine,
Fishing for a Year by Jack Hargreaves
A train to catch by Jon Berry
Catching the Impossible by Mark Bowler and Hugh Miles
Big Roach by Mark Wintle

My favourite angling books, which I often and frequently reread are:
Anything by Chris Yates, but particularly my signed copy of How to Fish (a kind gift from Ray Kemp) and The Spirit of the Pond by Tom O'Reilly.

So what about you?
What do you plan on reading in 2012, and what books do you find yourself returning to again and again?
Let us know by leaving a comment or writing to us on the facebook page - particularly if you think you could recommend something we haven't read yet!

No comments: