Wednesday 25 June 2014

Good week for Damien & family + PB for Grandad !!

Thanks for sending us this write -up & photos Damien, pleased you all had a good stay.

Hello Paul & Val

A quick thanks for another great week fishing.I know its a bit delayed but got caught up with moving house. 
We came up from 30th May and the 3 of us (Grandad, Mum and myself) were in the lodge, we fished the lodges pegs mostly for the week, With my Grandad and Mum targeting the roach and tench, both caught vast numbers of roach averaging around 3/4 pound,  with plenty at the 1 1/2 pound mark ( all caught on either maggot/caster or soft pellet), with several tench each day largest of which was 7 lb, and Grandad had his personal best carp at 19.6 lb on white chocolate boilie.
I concentrated on the carp, and managed to land towards 30 fish, with the majority of them being in the high teens, largest for the week was 24.2 lbs, I was using white chocolate boilie as my hook bait over a scattering of tropical and peach and black pepper boilie. Dusk was the most productive part of the day with both my rods going within moments of each other on several occasions. I also managed a 14lb pike which took my boilies on the retrieve.
As a bonus bit of fun each afternoon we had pike move into our swim trying to get a free meal from our feet as we put the roach back, so we decided to try spinning for them and had a couple each afternoon, lots of fun with them tail walking and a larger size than i expected from 2 inches from them bank, largest on spinner was 16lb.

Thanks again and see you again.

Damian

1.jpg

No comments: