Wednesday 25 April 2012

Nightwalk and a new web page

Well true to form I've devoured Nightwalk - which those of you who follow us on twitter or facebook will know arrived yesterday (2 days early!).
Naturally I had to interlude last nights reading with a nocturnal wander, where I discovered that bones become very visible at night time and I was able to add a nicely bleached wood pidgeon skull and keel bone to my little museum of natural history specimens.
I've also been playing around with recording the sounds of the lakeside, so I recorded a few nocturnal noises. If I get round to doing something with them I'll share them with you.
The book is absoloutely superb, another classic for the Yates canon and an elequent discourse I'm sure to return to time and again! I hope we'll be seing more nature writing from Mr. Yates soon.
If you haven't already get hold of a copy.

In other news I've added a new page to the website called "Downloads".
At the moment this is pretty sparse with pdf's of our conditions of booking and fishing rules, a site map, and more interestingly a checklist of some of the bird species (over 60) that you might see during your visit.
So if you or someone you know is a budding bankside birdwatcher why not print it out ahead of your visit and see how many you spot?
I'd love to see how you get on.

I'm hoping to build on the Downloads page very soon, by adding a list of baits we stock onsite complete with pre-order form. This way you can have your baits paid for and ready and waiting for you in your accomodation!
Keep checking as other items (perhaps desktop images) will hopefully be appearing there soon too...


To return to our homepage click: www.lonsdalepark.co.uk

No comments: