Monday 23 April 2012

Eagerly awaiting Nightwalk!

We're eagerly awaiting the publication of Mr. Yates new book (nature writing rather than specifically angler oriented) Nightwalk. 
Dad and I have a copy each pre-ordered, and reading through the blogs I follow the other day I was treated to an extract on Caught by the River.
You can head over to the excellent Caught by the River blog and read the extract by clicking this link
It'll be out on Thursday (April 26th) in hardback and as an ebook (snazzy but I'm not a kindle girl myself). 

My own night walks are few and far between to be honest and usually centred around specific annual events at the park - toads and frogs spawning, the first outing of baby hoglets, and the apearance of our breeding Tawny owl pair calling, all get me outside after dark.
Something tells me I'll be out alot more with a little inspiration from Mr. Yates though!

Whats the best nocturnal nature moment you've had at the park?
We'd love to know so please eave a comment below or on our facebook page!

To return to our homepage click: www.lonsdalepark.co.uk

No comments: