Tuesday 4 May 2010

My Way of Fishing


Well there you have it. My pride and joy! Is there a lovelier way to catch big Roach?
Dad has had the Rapidex for over 25 years, and I believe all that age, and experience has wound itself into the fabric of the reel. I certainly think it balances my new and recently restored rod rather nicely.

I spent the evenings this weekend fishing with Dad, who was trying for a Carp next to me, whilst I was pursuing our lovely silver fish and feverently hoping that nothing bigger than a few pounds would test my abilities! Perhaps the fish could tell as Dad could only catch Chub all weekend!
I'm back at University now with my copy of the Spirit of the Pond by Tom O'Reilly to keep me sane (I'm not sure Dad would appreciate me disappearing with some of his rather beautifully bound Yates books.)

Up on the Park there's been a 20lb Grass Carp out today, and a 24lber from 'The Secret Pool".
And last week one of regulars called in at the shop to announce he needed a break and a well earned cup of tea after 50 roach over a pound and a half, with 10 over 2lb.

No comments: