Sunday 2 May 2010

Bank Holiday Weekend

Hello all - I hope you are well and enjoying the weekend.

I've come home to rest up after finishing my third year final exams.

Dad has very kindly given me his Rapidex centrepin to match my 12ft split cane avon (my christmas present).

I have managed to get out onto Deer lake, yesterday morning and had quite a bag of roach considering it was raining pretty heavily on and off! I set off at 11.30 and by about quarter to 1 I must have caught nearly 10lbs of fish!
I took a photo of one to show the stamp of the fish - there were a few larger and a few smaller than this fellow but still very nice! You'll notice I opted for my old setup - I'd like to be with Dad when I christen it!


This morning I decided to take the dogs to the beach at Allonby. It's not the nearest beach to us but it only takes 35 minutes, and it's my favourite!
Allonby is pretty historic and the beach has won awards for its cleanliness, and is one of the best spots for wind surfing (no I haven't had a go yet)
So Mum and I have had a great long walk today, I did get distracted chasing little loaches in rock pools, watching shelducks and I even found a beadlet anemone which was really interesting!
We also got fish and chips from John's Plaice in Silloth (word to the wise some of the best in Cumbria)

If you want to have a look at Allonby or what I've gotten upto this weekend I did take my little camera out for a few pictures.
You can look at them at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/edrinkall/sets/72157623851194223/

No comments: