Tuesday 29 December 2009

Happy Holidays

Well I hope you all woke up and found you'd been on the nice list!
We certainly had a lovely Christmas! We ambled downstairs and got a cup of tea and then got to watch a stoat playing in the snow right next to our living room windows! Later in the day Dad and I were talking in my room and a buzzard skimmed our roof flying dead at 12 o'clock over my window! You forget how big those birds are (though in Australia I did see an eagle with a 2m wingspan eating a kangaroo, and our buzzards top out at about 0.5m)
Just before lunch, like a magician Dad produced one last present. It seems Dad had a word with Santa who had a word with Wally. So now I have the most beautiful 11ft Mordex Ideal split cane avon rod! Wally has restored it like only a craftsman can and I spent alot of Christmas Day sitting admiring the emerald green whippings and watching how the light caught the colours of the cane. I thought lying the rod ontop of it's deep purple rod bag to compliment the whippings was particularly pleasing.
Sitting admiring it watching a Passion for Angling with Dad was almost as good as fishing but I can't wait for more of a thaw to get out and start catching some monster roach with it! (Also should probably finish my dissertation first but it's fish related so it would almost be research!)
I'll post some more photo's soon - but for now -
Merry Xmas and a Prosperous New Year from all at Lonsdale!

No comments: