Thursday 24 December 2009

A Christmas message, but first an Ice Breaker!




Well it's Christmas Eve so Dad will get to enjoy his annual 24hrs off starting tonight (weather permitting we have guests on boxing day)
As you can see from the photo's above our thermostatically controlled aerator's have beaten even the worst of the festive weather to leave sections of Lonsdale very fishable!
I myself haven't been out yet - the plan is to get spinning before I go back to Uni.
The snow has made a difference to some of our permanent residents - the Kingfisher's have gone into hiding but there are a few Robins who more closely resemble cricket balls at this point! Dad found time to create a little roof for our bird table from some of the original Lonsdale Brick and Tile works roof tiles - we were worried that a buzzard and kestrel had been eyeing up our little song birds!
Edmund and Mabel are glad that I didn't shear them too closely and that they have a nice warm shed to bed down in - Mabel seems to be much better at snow adaption than Edmund who complains about it to me whenever I go over for a chat. (Yes he does talk back).

No comments: