Friday 26 October 2012

Neile and Dave's account and photo's


  Hello please find some of the photos of the recent fishing trip with my dad (Dave Jestin) from cottage 1. 

It was our third time to Lonsdale and Cottage 1, and we are booked in again next June 2013 for the lead up to my Dad's 65th birthday. 

This was as ever an amazing week surrounded by the wonderful nature Lonsdale has to offer ospreys, owls calling to each other over the lake and a resident field mouse in my bivvy who took a liking to my Dad's fishing luggage.

The target's this week were to break the 20lb barrier for carping as I have never achieved this, and my Dad to hopefully get a double on his new rod and reel, earlier in the week he did achieve a nice 1lb roach.

We left it for our final days fishing; with minutes to spare on the Friday my Dad was about to call it a day, but his bite alarm went off and I could not believe my eyes when I helped the carp into the landing net for him, his carp which I'm holding in one of the pics due to his disability weighed in at 18lb 6oz. What a way for him to finish his weeks fishing and how wonderful that he's fishing again after a severe stroke left him with the use of just one arm. He love's Lonsdale and can't wait to revisit. After I helped him settle I went down to our peg to fish during the night with the hope of a 20 pounder. I did not believe it when the first take at 2230 hours landed me that dream fish and a fantastic end to my week a 25lb 8oz beautiful conditioned common carp!! 

Many thanks and see you next June!!
Neile Jestin

Other fish that I caught during the week were a 13lb 4oz ghost carp and a 16lb 8oz linear carp, with good sport from smaller carp.

Ps the pike is from April 2012 and tipped in at just over 20 at 20lb 3oz my first over 20lb!!

To return home click: www.lonsdalepark.co.uk

No comments: