Saturday 22 September 2012

A letter and a rod for Miss Holly Washington

Dear Miss Holly Washington,

I hope you don't mind be posting this on the blog, but it's quite a good story!

Perhaps 18 months ago you came on holiday with your family, and you were lucky enough to have a rather nice home-made first fishing rod. It had started life as a telescopic pen rod, but was later adapted using a section of an older rod to improve it.
Unfortunately a big fish grabbed hold of the end of your line, and wary of being pulled in yourself you wisely decided to surrender you first fishing rod to the deep.

I am happy to report that in a chance discovery we recently fished your rod from the water of Lonsdale!
It was very mucky, and a little worse for wear but after our initial investigations and atttentions we found the reel still works after a fashion.
I hope you don't mind but I felt that I ought to test the rod before announcing it's recovery - it's actually very very nice! My compliments to your personal rod builder!
With a delicate float (one of my own home made creations, using a quill from Lonsdale's mallards) I had tremendous fun catching alot of our Gudgeon and Roach as you can see below:

I hope you don't mind my borrowing it!

Anyway we have it safe and sound, and it's had a bit of a clean and an oil so it's ready waiting for you when you return!

Best fishes!

Emma 
(and all at Lonsdale)

PS We would love to hear from you!



Holly's reply:

Dear Emma

How wonderful that you have found my rod,I am so pleased as My Daddy made me that rod with the help of my Uncle Paul Dodd who was on holiday with us,they finely tuned it
 so that it would stay together, it looks like it worked wonderfully, i am so made up.

your daddy gave me a telescopic rod to replace the one I had lost, it was one that both you and your daddy had used and I won a junior fishing match with it, my daddy also won the adults fishing match on the same day... you have a photo of me on your blog under July 2010 double act and there is a photo of me and my Daddy but i caught my fish with your daddy's rod.

I am still using that rod when i go fishing as i like it so much, i also have a Pink rod and Orange rod but I haven't used them yet.

I am so happy that you had a good day fishing with the rod, and I hope that you have many more really good days fishing with it before i come on my holidays next year and pick it up.

I look forward to seeing you Emma.

all my love and lots of kisses 

Holly xx




Autumn is just around the corner so don't forget:
Come and stay with us for at least 3 nights anytime between the 1st of November 2012 and the 28th of Feburary 2013, and you could catch yourself a free 3 day break!

All you have to do is fish between the hours of 8am to 8pm, and catch anyone of our:
Pike 20lb+
Carp 20lb+
Roach 2lb 4oz+
Perch 3lb+
or Tench 5lb+

The first angler to land our mystery fish - "the Golden Carp" wins a week in the 3 bedroomed lakeside lodge for 2 adults and 2 children, during the main season subject to availability. 
You can find out more about the Lodge at http://www.lonsdalepark.co.uk/lodges.htm
Details of our mystery "Golden Carp" will be given on guests arrival!

We will adjudicate the competition, so all anglers wishing to enter the challenge need do is phone Paul on his mobile once they land the fish and we will attend to verify.

Qualifying anglers will not only have caught a lovely specimen but also a free 3 day break!

(we think this is going to be a widely uptaken and successfully completed challenge so in order to be able to run it for all guests, the won breaks will be organised at our discretion regarding dates etc and are for a maximum of 4 guests.
Won holidays will not include electric where accomodation is metered.)

To return home click: www.lonsdalepark.co.uk

1 comment:

Emma's Catch Up Page said...

A Reply from Holly:
Dear Emma

How wonderful that you have found my rod,I am so pleased as My Daddy made me that rod with the help of my Uncle Paul Dodd who was on holiday with us,they finely tuned it so that it would stay together, it looks like it worked wonderfully, i am so made up.

your daddy gave me a telescopic rod to replace the one I had lost, it was one that both you and your daddy had used and I won a junior fishing match with it, my daddy also won the adults fishing match on the same day... you have a photo of me on your blog under July 2010 double act and there is a photo of me and my Daddy but i caught my fish with your daddy's rod.

I am still using that rod when i go fishing as i like it so much, i also have a Pink rod and Orange rod but I haven't used them yet.

I am so happy that you had a good day fishing with the rod, and I hope that you have many more really good days fishing with it before i come on my holidays next year and pick it up.

I look forward to seeing you Emma.

all my love and lots of kisses

Holly xx