Tuesday 26 April 2011

Views of a discerning angler

Hi Val / Paul
I just wanted to say thankyou for the lovely get well card and to let you know the operation seems tohave gone well ( bloody painful though).
Well I finally made it to Lonsdale after all and I must thank you once again for your patience and understandingduring my difficult period, it's reassuring to know the personal touch is still out there .
As you know I came up there to 'sort my head out ' before my amputation and I must say I couldn't have pickeda better place to do it .
If I was ever fortunate enough to be able to create my 'fishing heaven' it would be a replicaof Lonsdale, it is a 'proper fishery' for 'proper anglers' ie; people who appreciate tranquiliity and natural surroundings as much as the fishing itself . Speaking of the fishing, I'm a bit of a 'roach nut' so you can imagine how enjoyableit was for me. The sport was amazing ,I lost count of how many 'pound plus' roach I caught and I even managed to beat my pb for the species, I had no scales with me but 'hand on heart' it was a scale perfect beauty of well
over two pounds ! My favourite part of my stay though was the last two hours of each day, the only sound was the pheasants calling from the woods, a flat calm lake and a swim full of big roach .
ABSOLUTE FISHING MAGIC.
It goes without saying,as soon as I have learned to drive with 'one arm' I'll be back.
Regards and best wishes
John Aspinall

No comments: