Sunday 18 July 2010

EO: We're not the only ones who like to fish from the jetty!

After blogging about my Kingfisher photo mission earlier I've been a bit too busy to really crack on with my quest, what with having to go down to Nottingham to graduate over Thursday and Friday.
Dad even gave me a Nikon D5000 (Thankyou very much to Paul and Jackie for helping him with this!) as a graduation gift! So my older Nikon D40 has had a timely and much appreciated upgrade.
It seems I'm receiving rather more than my fair share of good luck at the moment though as I wandered through to Mum and Dad's bedroom to find Dad this evening (to ask him if we might be braving the gentle drizzle) and what catches my eye?
The female of our Kingfisher pair!
I think the blur of movement back to my room, pick up camera, change lens, and back to the balcony door could only be described as 'a controlled tornado'.
But back at the balcony I gently opened the door, and crept out...
For a few moments she didn't notice me but you can see her weighing me up here:
Our 'home' pair are quiet shy at the moment, and she didn't take long to decide I was (probably quite rightly) a funny looking character and that it might be pertinent to retire to the other side of the Willows.


Some might think me daft but surely this is a good omen? A little message from the spirit of the pond?
Regardless my quest for a decent Kingfisher photo continues, and at the moment I thinking about attempting to produce a Lonsdale Calendar! So if I made one, what photo's would you like to see? Kingfishers, wildlife, and landscapes are all immediate ideas, but what about fish? I'm not really set up for under-water photography so would you be willing to admire some one else with a fish, or a lovely specimen alone? Or maybe just stick to photo's of Lonsdale without the fish?
And would you really be prepared to look at Lonsdale all year round?
Let me know if you have any ideas / preferences via email at lonspark@aol.com

PS: My kingfisher photo's on flickr (a few more and a few wider shots with more jetty) http://www.flickr.com/photos/edrinkall/sets/72157624404599043/

No comments: